Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Scott's thoughts on Gaming [Week 3-Day 2]

I don't consider myself a big gamer at all.  Although, as Wesley touched upon in his post yesterday, there are people who spend and devote much of their lives to video games, and sometimes, even a little bit too much time.  I currently own an Xbox 360, and have owned the original Xbox, as well as the Nintendo Gamecube.


I have always considered my gaming to be nothing more than a hobby; just as Steve Jobs has always considered the Apple TV a hobby of his.  Now, I rarely play on my Xbox 360, and spend much more of that time on my computer, but I think that when I do spend time gaming, it is fun.


I think video games are a lot of fun when playing with friends or other people.  Playing with friends of mine is really great when not at each other's house, with the help of Xbox LIVE.  As defined by Xbox LIVE's Wikipedia page, it is "an online multiplayer gaming and digital media delivery service created and operated by Microsoft Corporation."  Over the past five or more years now, I have used Xbox LIVE to play with friends of mine, and as strange as it may seem, strangers as well.  This is really a big part of what Xbox LIVE is, playing with people you don't know, to have fun and to enjoy the same game that other people do.


I have mainly spent most of my time on Xbox LIVE on both Halo II and Halo III.  I think that Microsoft and Bungie have put together quite a good online platform for playing the Halo series of games online, on Xbox LIVE, with other people.  Another highlight of this is that from the comfort of your own couch, provided that you pay for an Xbox LIVE subscription and have the required things to play online (yes, you do need an internet connection, which I hope that you have, if you are reading this), you are able to play with anyone, anywhere in the world.


My main gaming has focused on sports games, which I really love.  Me and my brother have purchased the NCAA series, NHL series, some of the Madden series, NBA Live series, and some others, and I have really loved playing them.  Looking back, it is amazing to see how much the graphics within the games have changed from what they were like when I was playing on my Gamecube years ago.


That is all for my post this week!  I didn't really focused on the other gaming platforms in this post, but it is truly my thoughts, which were explained throughout this post.  Make sure to come back tomorrow for Stephen's post!


Until next week,

 

Scott Wasserman
Twitter: @applehockey • Applehockey.com
YourAppleWorld.com • Your Site for Anything and Everything Apple

Posted via email from TheTechTroop

No comments:

Post a Comment